December 08, 2011

Luke Donald backtracks on McIlroy-Tiger comparison

By Reid Cherner, USA TODAY

By Mark Ralston, AFP/Getty Images
After comparing the talent of Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy, No. 1 ranked Luke Donald wants to clarify the definition of talent.
PGA TOUR:  Donald aims for European money title
At the Dubai World Championship Donald said "in terms of talent, I think Rory has more talent...I think of the guys I've played out here on Tour, Rory has the most talent that I've ever played with.'"
Donald later tweeted his clarification:
"A few people aren't understanding what I meant. The word 'talent' and Rory to me means a free-flowing swing who makes everything look so easy. TW (Tiger) has always been the best at getting the ball in the hole when it mattered the most. That's not just talent, that('s) something else too."
"Talent can only take you so far; you need the right attitude (mindset) and application to perform at the highest level ... never try to disrespect Tiger in any way. He is still the greatest player I have played with."

No comments:

Post a Comment